(NOTE: The minutes linked in the agenda are considered draft minutes until approved by the City Council. The link will be updated if any corrections are made at the meeting.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico | La Quinta, California
TUESDAY, JUNE 19, 2012
3:00 P.M. Open Session followed by Closed Session
Beginning Resolution No. 2012-036
Ordinance No. 500
CALL TO ORDER
Council Members: Evans, Franklin, Henderson, Osborne and Mayor Adolph
At this time, members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes.
NOTE: Time permitting the City Council may conduct Closed Session discussions during the dinner recess. Persons identified as negotiating parties are not invited into the Closed Session meeting when acquisition of real property is considered.
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS, SKI HARRISON AND TERRY DEERINGER REGARDING NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE LA QUINTA CITY EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.6, MEET AND CONFER PROCESS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At this time members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
PRESENTATIONS - NONE
WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS – NONE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JUNE 5, 2012
NOTE: Consent Calendar items are routine in nature and can be approved by one motion.
1. APPROVAL OF DEMAND REGISTER DATED JUNE 19, 2012
2. RECEIVE AND FILE TREASURER’S REPORT DATED APRIL 30, 2012
3. RECEIVE AND FILE REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE REPORT DATED APRIL 30, 2012
4. AUTHORIZATION FOR OVERNIGHT TRAVEL FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT / HOUSING MANAGER AND MARKETING / ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER TO ATTEND THE ICSC WESTERN CONFERENCE IN SAN DIEGO ON SEPTEMBER 19-21, 2012
5. APPROVAL OF A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH THE LA QUINTA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012/2013
6. ACCEPTANCE OF OFFSITE AND ONSITE IMPROVEMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH TRACT MAP 29436, HIDDEN CANYON, IVANHOE LA QUINTA COVE, LLC
7. ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION REQUESTING THAT THE COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE PLACE COLLECTION COSTS FOR SOLID WASTE HANDLING SERVICES AT SINGLE-FAMILY DWELLINGS ON THE TAX ROLLS
8. APPROVAL OF CITY OF LA QUINTA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012/2013
9. APPROVAL OF A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH FG CREATIVE, INC.
10. APPROVAL OF CITY OF LA QUINTA MARKETING PLAN FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012/2013
11. APPROVAL OF THE INVESTMENT ADVISORY BOARD 2012/2013 WORK PLAN
12. APPROVAL OF THE DECLARATION OF SURPLUS PROPERTY
13. APPROVAL OF A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH RBF CONSULTING TO PREPARE THE PLANS, SPECIFICATIONS AND ENGINEER’S ESTIMATE FOR THE HIGHWAY 111 AT WASHINGTON STREET INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTS, PROJECT 2011-01
14. APPROVAL OF A MAINTENANCE SERVICE AGREEMENT WITH CLEANSTREET, INC. TO PROVIDE STREET SWEEPING SERVICE FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012/2013
15. APPROVAL TO AWARD A CONTRACT TO A.M. LA SALLE ELECTRIC, INC. FOR THE CITYWIDE LANDSCAPE LIGHTING MAINTENANCE CONTRACT, PROJECT 2011-15
16. APPROVAL TO AWARD A CONTRACT FOR JANITORIAL SERVICES FOR CITY FACILITIES TO SANTA FE BUILDING MAINTENANCE.
17. ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE INVESTMENT POLICY OF THE CITY OF LA QUINTA FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012/2013
1. CONSIDERATION OF APPOINTMENTS TO VARIOUS CITY BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND COMMITTEES
2. CONSIDERATION OF AN AGREEMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT SERVICES BETWEEN THE CITY OF LA QUINTA AND THE COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE
STUDY SESSION – NONE
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. ANIMAL CAMPUS COMMISSION (FRANKLIN)
2. CITY COUNCIL AD HOC COMMITTEE REPORTS
3. CVAG COMMITTEE REPORTS
4. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE INFO EXCHANGE COMMITTEE (OSBORNE)
5. C.V. CONSERVATION COMMISSION (EVANS)
6. C.V. MOSQUITO AND VECTOR CONTROL DISTRICT (ROBERT COX)
7. C.V. MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY (FRANKLIN)
8. C.V.W.D. JOINT WATER POLICY COMMITTEE (ADOLPH)
9. IID ENERGY CONSUMERS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE (OSBORNE)
10. JACQUELINE COCHRAN REGIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY (FRANKLIN)
11. LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES (HENDERSON)
12. GREATER PALM SPRINGS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (EVANS)
13. PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT COMMISSION (ROBERT TEAL)
14. RIVERSIDE COUNTY FREE LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (DIANE GUNN)
15. RIVERSIDE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION (HENDERSON)
16. SUNLINE TRANSIT AGENCY/SUNLINE SERVICES GROUP (ADOLPH)
17. PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES DATED APRIL 24 AND MAY 8, 2012
18. COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION MINUTES DATED MAY 14, 2012
1. CITY MANAGER
A. LA QUINTA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE QUARTERLY REPORT
B. QUARTERLY MARKETING REPORT
C. RESPONSE(S) TO PUBLIC COMMENTS
D. OVERSIGHT BOARD MEETING UPDATE
2. CITY ATTORNEY
3. CITY CLERK
A. UPCOMING EVENTS AND CITY COUNCIL CALENDAR
4. BUILDING & SAFETY DEPARTMENT REPORT FOR MAY 2012
5. COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT REPORT FOR MAY 2012
6. FINANCE DEPARTMENT REPORT - NONE
7. PLANNING DEPARTMENT REPORT FOR MAY 2012
8. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT REPORT FOR MAY 2012
9. POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT FOR MAY 2012
10. FIRE DEPARTMENT QUARTERLY REPORT – NONE
MAYOR'S AND COUNCIL MEMBERS' ITEMS – NONE
PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
RECESS TO CITY AS SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE
RECONVENE THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
DISSOLVED LA QUINTA REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY,
FOLLOWED BY THE LA QUINTA FINANCING AUTHORITY
AND THE LA QUINTA HOUSING AUTHORITY
CLOSED SESSION OF THE CITY COUNCIL
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on July 3, 2012 commencing with closed session at 3:00 p.m. and open session at 4:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Susan Maysels, Interim City Clerk of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing agenda for the La Quinta City Council meeting was posted on the outside entry to the Council Chamber at 78-495 Calle Tampico and on the bulletin boards at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas and 78-630 Highway 111, on June 15, 2012.
DATED: June 14, 2012
SUSAN MAYSELS, Interim City Clerk
City of La Quinta, California
• The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 777 7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the City Council, arrangement should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk's Office at 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the City Council during a City Council meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the City Clerk for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
• Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the City Clerk counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.